Sunday, December 21, 2008

77 the year of the Snake

Yes I was born in '77 and now after 77 posts in CB Blog Success I've made the decision to pull the cord on Chatblog - wait - yes - It's true - Alas! Chatblog is no more!

But it's philosophy and initials "CB" live on!

CB will now represent CHATTING about BLOGGING - my new name for CB Blog Success.

The URL is the same but the title has changed!

Why no more Chatblog t-bone? (Seinfeld reference :)

It all boils down to one concept: over-ambition.

But heck a little ambition never hurt anyone!

Here's what happened:

I came up with the idea for Chatblog

I worked my you know what off for a month making it perfect - I'm not one to toot my own horn but I really fell into sync with what is necessary to put on a website to make it professional, user-friendly, and bring in the masses!

So if I got my site perfect then why did I take it down?

Two things occurred:

1. I fell in love with CB Blog Success.

2. I realized that the amount of time I'd have to put into Chatblog for it to really fly was more than I could possibly devote to it.

How did I figure that one out?

By blogging in CB Blog Success!

It took every free minute of my time just to try and keep it up to date!

So is Chatblog seriously gone?

Well yes, but I don't think anyone will miss it!

How come? Because I had not really applied my efforts into the advertising part of it and so no one knew about it except me!

It sure was swell though! I'll never forget it!

And I've learned a tremendous amount of information about how to create a professional website!

After all that hard work, pinning down every little detail, I finally understand the mandalas Tibetans make with colored sand. Intricate beautiful masterpieces which upon completion are destroyed by the creator of it.

I used to wonder - how can they do that? So many time consuming hours wasted - gone!

And beauty destroyed for no purpose!

Now I know that detachment is a requirement for destruction as it in turns brings about a higher order.

I never planned for CB Success to take off. In fact it was just a passing thought - just one more blog I created that I thought would appeal to my potential readers.

But somehow it sparked a flame inside me that I didn't know could exist.

For true optimization one must be willing to let go of that which no longer is needed.

And you know what?

It was all worth it!

I have no regrets.

Goodbye chatblog!

Who knows maybe someday someone somewhere will find your remains and reignite you with their own spark.

Until then,
CB Webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment